Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
It is no secret that I am not an Apple fanboy

Let's leave pejoratives out of the discussion.
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
I hate how much Apple software is always running in the background on my computer just for the times that my kids happen to plug in their iPods.

Have you measured the impact these three processes have on your computer when iTunes isn't running or when no Apple device is connected?

The only derogatory terms were describing me. LOL.

As for the apps, I don't care if they are just sitting idle, it is what they are sitting idle waiting for... For someone to plug in their Apple product and then launch the stinking iTunes store. Needless to say, I've disabled the launching of anything, but those little programs are still sitting.... waiting... stalking.... sending my biometrics back to Apple HQ... taking random DNA samples through my mouse and keyboard... MAKING A CLONE OF ME AS WE SPEAK!!! AAAARRAARHRHHRHGGGG!
Oh Crap! What if I am the clone.

Seriously though, I try to keep my system from getting bogged down by "helper" apps regardless of who they are from or what hardware they are there for.

So, does anyone know if there is a test to find out if I am a clone? Maybe some sort of eye test like in the Sixth Day movie...

Farewell - June 4, 2020