Yes, I have a SRV hat, & western boots as well, ha!! Sad that he was taken from us too soon.

I'm a rank amateur 5-String Electric Bass player. Blues is the only genre that I can jam along with 'by ear' after I figure out what key the tune is in, ha!!

I personally know a local blues player here on Vancouver Island (Nanaimo) - David Gogo (his real name!) - who is a simply stunning blues guitarist.

Check out a sample of his prowess with the bottleneck slide in YouTube:

David Gogo Plays the Blues - Live HD.

His CDs for the most part are outstanding for those who like electric & acoustic blues. Google 'David Gogo' & look for the following CDs (the tracks mentioned are the highlights of his overall great blues material):

'Halfway to Memphis' - Tracks 08 'This is a Man's World' & 11 'Blues Medley' are simply outstanding guitar work;

Skeleton Key - Track 10 'It don't make sense';

Live at Deer Lake - Track 08 'Hoochie Coochie Man';

Acoustic - good renditions, many on a vintage National Resonator guitar.

Different Views - Track 07 'Where the Devil Won't Go'.

He remains mostly unknown due to the fact that he resides so far from Toronto.

Another under-acknowldged blues guitarist is Walter Trout - absolutely exceptional.

I have a wonderful collection of Blues VHS Tapes; however, I recently retired that format from my system so I'm now trying to rebuild that collection on DVD; however, it is difficult to find some of the older content now.

BTW, I like older material from 'SADE' as well; however, her newer stuff has kinda lost its way IMO.

Tom
Comox, BC