I just tore apart the bedroom in the basement (I'm going to create a thread because I think some of you will find it interesting), and have done extensive research on LED lighting. As a result, I'm going to install Cree LED's coupled with Halo housings. They're quite expensive, but I've read many positive reviews about them-both from electricians and home owners-in numerous forums.

Here's an excellent website with an extensive selection including user reviews - Polar-ray.com

Originally Posted By: chesseroo
I have yet to see any LED socket lights around our location but the idea is interesting in the perspective of saving power and being easier on the environment (no mercury).

Mike, as an alternative to CFL's, I purchased these full spectrum bulbs for my bedroom mainly because I suffer from SAD, but the light is far superior to CFL's. They do contain mercury, but the amalgam fill prevents mercury release to due accidental breakage. They're located in Winnipeg, too.

For LED socket bulbs, there's these (the Phillips one has good reviews). I know it's not local, but I thought I'd pass it along. Maybe there's Canadian retailers online.

Peace

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.