Capn_Pickard, Johnny_Be_Good,

Jack got it right, that's where I got them (racksandstands.com). I read a message in this forum from Ian Colquhoun stating that the QS8's weigh 10.6 pounds each, so the 10 pound rating of the bracket isn't a problem (plus as Jack stated, the manufacturer told me they'll hold a few pounds more in reality). The 20 pound rated brackets they make don't have the right size thread to go into the back of the QS8 so that's why I went with the 10 pound rated brackets.

I got the QS8's in eggshell white for $95 extra (WAF). As you can tell I've got them angled down slightly so the tweeters are more on-axis with the listening area. This angling also points the top woofer at an angle to the ceiling, but there is still a significant dispersion effect off the ceiling. There's about 3 - 4 inches of clearance between the top of the speaker and the ceiling. As others have stated, the QS4/8's are very forgiving about their placement.

Although I've just got a single rear speaker, since the QS8 has 4 drivers pointed off-angle from each other, it fills the back space very well acoustically. It doesn't sound like there's just one speaker behind you, it blends with the 2 side speakers to create a soundstage with no holes. Of course it's essential to balance all the speakers with an SPL meter. I've got the center QS8 adjusted 1dB less than the sides because it's a few feet closer to the main listening spot than the side speakers.

Jason

M80 HP v4, VP160 v4, QS8 v1 (3 in 6.1 layout), SVS PB12-Plus/2, Parasound Halo A21, Denon AVR-X4100W