Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
From Ian's post in the thread announcing the speaker:
Quote:

I have been working out the final pricing for everything over the past few days and here it is:

I will start with the DSP boxes on their own. Though the DSP box is included with the new “yet-to-be-named speaker”, as the system will not work without it, we will also be making these DSP boxes available for the M80 v3 and the M80/VP180 v3 combination (and soon to follow for the M60 and M60/VP160). The addition of the DSP box to these models allows us to make finer adjustments to the family of curves than what’s possible with only the passive crossover. It makes a noticeable - though don’t expect dramatic - improvement to these models. For a pair of speakers this can be achieved using a single broadband DSP board in the box.

For the versions that controls the centre channel also there needs to be two broadband DSP boards in the box. These DSP boxes are factory reprogrammable and we will have a program available to do this in order for you to get updates or to change from one speaker model to another.

These DSP boxes will sell for $880 for the single board version capable of controlling one pair of either M80 v3 or M60 v3.

The dual board version for controlling your centre channel and front channels will sell for $1,190. These will be available for shipping on June 15.

We will be offering a pre-purchase price of $690 for the single board version and $940 for the dual board version from now until mid-May.

The new “yet-to-be-named speaker” comes with the dual board version of the DSP. If you are using these speakers as part of a system and wish to have your VP180 or VP160 also utilize your DSP box we will have this available as an option. This box would include three DSP boards and would cost an extra $310.

Essentially our new Linear Field Radiating Omnidirectional speakers are pretty close to two M80s in each cabinet. This new “yet-to-be-named speaker” model will sell for $3,760 which includes the pair of speakers and the dual board DSP box. They will be ready to ship on June 15.

We are going to do a 2-tier pre-purchase promotion on this new model. From now until April 15 you can pre-purchase them for $2,790. Additionally the first 10 pair sold will have special rear labels that are serialized with a straightforward 1 to 10 (R&L) and be signed by Andrew and myself. From April 16 to May 15 the pre-purchase offer will be $2,990.

All the various “Customize Yours” options can be seen at New Speaker. You can also place an order from this page.

They're taking pre-orders despite having not settled on one of my name submissions just yet. smile

kids are born everyday with no name at the time of their birth; they seem to turn out alright. wink

SonySXRD55"
Marantz AV7702MKII pre-amp
Emotiva XPA-5,UPA-2amps,
14 Speakers, All Axiom
Oppo 105D&93