Hello everyone,

Let me say I've enjoyed reading these posts and have gained good information. I have just ordered M60's -they're not even here yet!- and I'm basically starting from scratch with the rest of a system, wondering if anyone could help. Some points: I don't really want to spend over $2000, (that's including the $800 for M60's) and am just looking for stereo (2-channel) not home theater 5 or 6 channel. (Question: Should I be going for surround sound? Is it really that much more incredible just for music with no visual? I don't really have room for all those darn speakers everywhere, but if it makes a huge difference... please comment on this as well.) I have in mind an amplifier and tuner, (or receiver?) and maybe pre-amp. My CD player should work OK for now. Any suggestions on quality brands/models (think at least 100w necessary?) and also where to purchase them for cheap?? I have a 14x21 ft. living room, "lively" due to hardwood floors. Oh, and please, I just read a really long and heated debate on "do different brands sound brighter, warmer, etc?" and please dear God don't let me open THAT can o'worms again I'm more concerned with finding quality components for a good price. Sorry this is so long...and thank you!