Newb, welcome. As to a comparison with the Klipsch and Polk speakers you mention, I don't have anywhere near the listening experience(same time, same place, other factors the same, etc.)which would allow me to give a fair comparison. I've of course heard Klipsch speakers in the past, and I agree that the treble struck me as excessively prominent. I have no such problem with the Axiom M22s. I've been listening to them for almost 11 years now and I'm still not fatigued a bit(I do shut them off occasionally).

The M80s have a 4 ohm rating which is approached over a bit less than half of their frequency range. An average figure over the full range would be more on the order of 6 ohms. Any quality receivers which we'd seriously consider can drive the M80s(which are slightly above average in sensitivity)to all safe(to your hearing)listening levels. The Onkyo 818 in particular would be an excellent choice, and the factory refurbished unit, which should be, if anything, even less likely to have a problem than a brand new one, is available from Accessories4less for about $780.

As to an audition, look at the list at the beginning of the audition thread in "Hearing Things". There are listings in the Philadelphia area, which may or may not still be up-to-date. The usual procedure is to send a PM to try to make contact, but a member who doesn't check in often may unfortunately not see it. You might try to contact Axiom directly for possible assistance in making contact.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.