I'll agree with JohnK. I haven't necessarily compared those exact models all in the same environment. I have listened to some Polks & some Klipsch in the same listening room at the local big box store. I too find something just not right about the higher frequencies with the Klipsch in general. I blame the horn tweeters but who knows. In fact, in the two homes where I regularly listen to them for longer periods, I find that the Klipsch are 'tiring.' Not sure how to explain it but I just wanted the owner to turn them off after a while as they were bothering me even at reasonable listening levels. It seems to be the bumped up treble that I'm sensitive to.

I personally would never consider a Klipsch speaker unless they radically redesigned thier design philosophy on the high frequency area. Just personal opinion of course.

I have never heard Polk & Axiom together but I can't say there was anything I disliked about the Polks I have heard. I can't even recall the models I've heard so I don't think I can give an opinion here except that if they match your budget range, they are worth auditioning.

After a lot of listening to what I could find locally among shops and friends, I'm extremely happy with my choice of Axiom M60s and would recommend them to anyone. I've done same room comparisons with these and Paradigm Studios and I would recommend Paradigm as well. Considering they sounded so similar that our untrained ears had trouble telling them apart, I prefer the Axioms as the best bang for your buck. Paradigms have more of a fashion statement element to them that is important to some, if you have the extra $.

Speaker advice is endless and endlessly varied so don't take what you read to seriously. I try to be objective but it's still personal preference.

In the end, all that matters is that you are happy!

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.