Well, the reset itself went fine, but I'm frustrated.

As I mentioned, the primary instigator in this was installing an HDMI 1 in ---> 2 out splitter so I could watch 3D movies with the kids.

Well, the player STILL senses a non-3D compatible link in the communication chain (the receiver), so 3D movies won't play as I had hoped.

If I run from the player straight to the TV, it works. If I run from the player into the splitter and ONLY connect it onward to the TV, it works. but as soon as I also connect to the receiver, I get the warning sign that the device is not 3D compatible so the player won't play the disc.

So.....

I'm running straight into the TV and taking an optical out from the TV into the receiver. I wanted to make that optical connection anyway so the streaming capabilities of the TV could be utilized with the receiver and Axioms, instead of just using the TV speakers.

But I'm dismayed that I only get PLII sound. I was already disappointed that the Denon 3808 was not allowing me to get the Master audio uncompressed modes, but now I can't even get Dolby Digital when watching discs?

This REALLY rubs me the wrong way, because I'm old enough to think of a receiver as something that lasts 20 years, but I'm thinking I should just pick up a Denon 3313 while they are on sale everywhere. The newer version X-4000 offers Audyssey MultEQ XT32 but in a side-by-side comparison on Denon's own site, that's essentially the only difference for the $500 premium.

I HATE the idea of buying another new receiver. I really don't want to be doing this every 4 years!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::