OK thanks. For those lazy folks like me who don't want to get up and WALK to the speaker and turn it off manually...

I have found an awesome green power strip by Belkin. It has a master plug which when the device plugged into it turns off the other plugs on the strip are powered off.

I'm sure we have all seen these before but what makes this one special is that it has a short delay (3-5 secs) before turning off/on. This for me is important because I plug my HTPC into it and when I press my remote power off button, Windows gets the notice and does a shutdown. I use an SSD so it's quick. Windows has enough time to shut down cleanly every time before the Belkin powers off the outlets. I also use it to switch my Darbee, bias light and now the EP500.

I use my Denon to control the master plug so when it comes on so does everything else. I configured my HTPC to power on when AC is plugged in so Windows does a clean boot a few seconds after the TV and Denon are on and all my HDMI handshakes work perfectly. I had to use a special device to handle this before.

I've tried other green power strips but they switch power of/off with the master (i.e. no delay) and this was a problem.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert.