Does Minion Rush count?
Along with the normal stuff, I've bee getting a lot of mileage out of the following that you may not consider 'the norm'. I use the HD versions where possible as I have a 10" tablet.

"Groove IP" when I travel. Free VOIP to POTS calls over Google Voice.

"WindGuru" Wind speed & wave predictions and tide tables. Has data for the exact bay & ocean area that I kayak/sail in even though its not by a major city, like normal weather apps are limited to.

"Perfect Viewer" The only decent comic book reader that let's me read books off my MicroSD card and keep track of which ones I've read. I think a 7" tablet might be too small though. If your interested in comics on a 7" or phone, use Comixology where it supports viewing one frame at a time.

"EverNote" OK, it falls under 'the norm', but I use this for so many things now, I don't know how I got along without it. Includes add-ins like "Evernote Web Clipper" and "Skitch".

Multiple Cloud Storage Apps.

"Urban Spoon" hasn't let me down yet for finding great restaurants when travelling. Because you know you will never find the best international food on Main Street.

I use multiple recipe finding apps but I keep the ones I test and find worthy in "Paprika". I just like the layout.

I forget which Squeezebox controller I settled on. I miss iPeng though. I wish it wasn't Apple only.

"mSecure" password manager. Supports Dropbox so my passwords sync across all PCs/devices.

"SwiftKey" I like the split left/right keyboard screen for thumb typing in landscape mode and once I got used to keeping an eye on the prediction box, it does save you a lot of key presses.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.