Originally Posted By: Murph
Originally Posted By: Hansang
I don't know Murph..the joke may be on you! smile

So far so good and of course I may have exaggerated slightly for effect. But don't tell my Mother in Law I said that. If I'm not picking on her, she asks what's wrong or if I'm sick.

If she ever read what you write here, she'd know just how sick you are. Thank you for that.

Speaking of MIL's, I would like to have mine euthanized, but she's to big to lift her up onto the veterinarian's table.

I was thinking that a couple of penny nails and 42" of twine across step #3 might do the trick. We tell her repeatedly, "Do NOT go down the basement stairs, they're too dangerous for you now" which she does at least 4 or 5 times a week to "check on" things. Of course, she has no clue as to how any of these things is supposed to operate, so she assumes it's broken and calls an $80 p.h. repair guy on Sundays ($160 p.h.) to learn that there's nothing wrong at all.

Maybe if I can get her when she's wearing her heavy woolen socks, the twine will not leave evidentiary marks on her ankles.

Look, I'm open to any and all suggestions, especially since she's getting kinder, more tolerant and understanding, and more rational with each passing day (ya, sure she is).

Aw c'mon, she's 84, she's had her time. Now she's just wasting heating oil.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.