Yeah, I ended up playing around with the PS4 today.

Setting everything up was a breeze. What I was impressed with immediately was the noise floor of the console. It runs very quiet. That makes me really happy.

The user interface and navigation is kind of blah. Simple but works fine. It makes me want to try out the Xbox one and the Kinect. IMO I think the Kinect will end up being an integral part of the next gen experience.

In Killzone you hear audio logs through the speaker on the controller. It's neat but at the same time it detracts from the experience because the audio sounds so strained. Worse than a telephone. I ended up turning down the volume that Sony had set on it. I think audiophiles would agree they would rather have that sound come out of their home stereo. The controller only took a few hours to charge in standby. The controller emits all sorts of bright colours. Orange when it is charging, blue in tutorials, green when you are playing the game and red when you die.

The touch pad is an amazing edition (in Killzone it essentially acts as a swipe d-pad) but I am finding I have to look down at the controller when I use it. Doesn't feel natural yet.

I'm kind of mixed, there is some amazing technology going on but it is also diminishing returns to what we are currently getting on the xbox 360 and PS3. I'd like to try the eye but I probably won't buy it because the majority of the user base won't have one.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne