Originally Posted By: troyd
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
It would seem that with this logic, a room full of tweeters should put out great bass.

You guys are taking things too literally.

Honestly, I would stay away from 8" "subwoofers" To me, those are larger midrange.

The point being made by the guy was that instead of one massive and powerful sub, 4 smaller subs (real subs) would give better and more even response in the room. A larger sub should go deeper, but if you are sitting in a peak or a null that can be very bad.

Ideal situation would be 4 larger subs like the 600s.

Well if I had $10,000 to spend on subs this would be a moot post.
DOn't forget I am not trying to fill a large room either 4 EP600 would be going over board for a room this size. ANd if I had $10000 to spend on a sub system I would imagine I'd have another $10,000 in speakers and a AV. and if I spent $20,000 on a system I figure I would probably have enough money I would have a bigger house therefore a much larger room

My comment about the four EP600 subs was not directed at you. It was for those that make comments about a room full of tweeters (You know who you are, meow grin ) and the like.

And for some others posting, there is more to it than just SPL. Some people don't care about anything BUT SPL, and that it their personal preference and I am not going to say that what they like is wrong for them. This topic seems to have started by one person's desire for great low bass, and better, more even bass in the room (thus multiple subs vs. some huge 18" monster). I was just trying to offer help, but alas, my "notes and highlights" from a lot of scientific research came across apparently as a bunch of crap or something. I will bow out of this discussion at this point since I clearly out of my mind. eek

Farewell - June 4, 2020