OK. I couldn't stay away. I just felt unsettled because I wasn't explaining things worth a crap. Let me start over. I am going to somewhat simplify, so be nice people.

4 subwoofers > 2 subwoofers > 1 more powerful subwoofer for more even room response BUT, you may lose some low end depending on what the specs of the subs are.

OK, that should kill off the "room of tweeter people" (Really? Jumped to that extreme.) Whew.

Now, back to the original poster's question, looking at specs for the EP400 and EP500, they are BOTH capable of sub-20Hz sound, so for this discussion (and as I mentioned back a couple of posts about getting deeper bass) the sub count "rule" is very viable. with the 4>2>1 sub, when all subs are capable.

Again, my original notes didn't go smaller than 10" and clearly nowhere near tweeters (sorry, I guess I am bitter).

I wish I could just go back and let you guys just yammer on about it. I honestly tried to bring some other insight and research into this, and for about the 3rd or 4th time I am apologizing again. You guys got cranky about some poorly explained information. Never again. Now you will all have to suffer through my long dissertations on everything instead of the "Cliff's Notes" version. I'm out. Sorry (5th time?) for the confusion. I really am not as stupid about this as you all think I am now.

Farewell - June 4, 2020