Thanks, I'll look into this some more.
Regarding the 11th hour, I have until May for this dedicated room. It was a deadline I set for myself a while back.
The procrastination related to the new towers, I knew they were coming and I did want to unpack them in their new room (might have to go as far as to name them...).I'm exited.
The contractor I hired is looking to subsidize his full time semi retired/semi seasonal employment by helping me out.
I figured since I'm better at making money than installing insulation and finishing drywall I'd let him start asap which turned out to be today.
Assuming I can get green glue in Canada I will go this route.
I read somewhere to use different thickness's of drywall (1/2 and 5/8) together when using green glue. I have no positive memories from drywalling in the past, I figured I'd just go with it.
The ceiling is going to be the enemy here. I'll keep looking for the clips and channels. My main concern is the weight. I can only imagine how it would feel to have a 5/8' sheet of drywall fall on a friend or family member. I don't trust the idea that less screws can hold more weight. The pattern shown online concerns me (every 24"? if I remember correctly).
The insulation he brought back is R22 Roxul 8 bundles for $375.00.
Not sure what the pink stuff cost. Any chance its cheaper and better?

Last edited by brwsaw; 01/21/14 04:09 AM.