Originally Posted By: troyd
Thanks Ian,

Ok. My current setup is, I have the M80's 6months old.
I just sold my Anthem MRX500. A few reasons, but love the sound and loved the ARC ( not sure which is better really ARC or Audessey ) I am trying to decide what to order next week the Denon x4000 or Anthems new MRX510 and an external amp,
so I am thinking of buying a 300wpc XPA-3 or if I can maybe order the ADA1000 3ch. I just found the MRX500 100wpc just not enough.
SO, my room is being built now it is 11.6W x 22L x 8H ...2000cf

I listen to music and music video's in 2ch or 2.2ch. My reciever did allow movie setup and music. I have two bluray players one for movies for 7.2 and the other would switch to 2ch stereo but had to run subs as just didn't find enough uhmph. I would rather however, that said I found a little more boomy at times. I would rather not run subs. But, maybe I just need to upgrade those to EP500's ??

My question is, either the MRX or X4000 allows dual speaker setups. I can congifure for 2.2ch music or 2.0ch music and if watching movies 7.2 with a complete second set of speakers. I think I really like the sat/sub setup with movies.

in my room size with either XPA or ADA power amp at a decent volumn, I am not looking to concert levels or have ears ringing but maybe a little louder than when watching movies ..... would I be better off to keep the M80 and maybe upgrade the subs ?

So what amp did you go with... what is your end result?

I have the mrx500 and love the sound field it produces (anthem room correction or ARC) , the only upgrade I would think about would be the new mrx510 mainly for the 4k processing unless a new audessey correction gets better than the ARC...

the m100's just sing with my mrx500 + emo amp, they give me the missing bass I had with the m80's, but I see my self giving in for a d-sonic or an Axiom ada-1500-7 before the end of the year..