Originally Posted By: Adrian
Nice review, Bob. Can you throw us a bone and delve into some specific differences or other useless crap between the 60s and 100s?

Hey, Adrian, whazzup?!

I think, like every Axiom speaker, the goal is to have the final product not sound like anything other than the program material emanating from the enclosure. The M100's are more articulate and display more clarity across the entire spectrum, but most noticeably in the lower reaches. There's 50% more woofer surface area, for starters, than 60's or 80's, but they are a different animal. It's sort of like having the 60's and my ep500 on together, but with more definition.

Of course, the biggest differences from the 60's are doubling the # (surface area) of the mid-range drivers and tweeters, along with the larger cabinet. So there's more specificity in voices (and MOST other sounds) and those shimmery things, like some cymbal sounds. Then you sort of have an M80.

Now, make all those same changes to the 100's. Add an additional(redesigned) woofer that brings a more potent and punchier lower end, then tweak the cross-overs for an even wider and more open soundstage.

Those, to me are the most noticeable differences between my M60's, Chris's M80's, and the new M100's.

I think the price differences between the 60/80/100 are, relative to performance improvements, as usual around here, pretty on-the-money. The value/dollar ratio seems rather consistent to me. No Axiomoe would be disappointed by these, unless you need more than 7 drivers per cabinet to be happy!

If you have 60's or 80's, these really will make you go, "WHOA!" Those areas of your house where others could go in order not to hate you? All gone!

Hanging around here gives us a skewed sense of value. These are NOT $2500.00 speakers. If you could sit here and listen to Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black," you would phone Brent or JC w/o asking your wife.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.