In my family room i have a 60" Panasonic Plasma. In the bedroom i wound up going with a Samsung LED/LCD a 6030. It's ok.. But, i REALLY wanted a plasma.. I did a heck of a lot of searching. But, due to my size constraint i was pretty much left with the LED/LCD products. There is still a decent supply of larger plasma's 55"+ in the market. However, i had to stick with something no larger than a 42". As john noted the panasonic 42S60 was a very good plasma. I could only find 1 available in the country, and that was at a Sears outlet in Tennessee, and they wouldn't ship it either... So, i had no choice...

Below is an interesting article i found about the decline in the Plasma market. Which is really too bad, because they were the best looking sets. In todays market, picture quality isn't so much of a concern as the "smart" aspect of TV's for the general population.....

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/why-plasma-tv-dying,news-17668.html

Jason, Depending on what your looking at, given your previous post on what you are looking for, i would recommend a getting the Samsung6030 (non-smart) display (which is the display i have), you could see the space constraint that i had. The initial measurement was actually 39" and the 40" 6030 fits that space perfectly. Also, by connecting either a Roku, or Apple TV to the display you can easily replace the "smart" part of the TV down the road as hardware changes, and you're not stuck with the chipset within the TV. That is what i would do if i was looking for streaming content. They make holders that will allow you to mount the Roku/apple tv to the back of the set, so it will never be seen.

The 6030, really does have a pretty decent Picture, and is the same as the 6050, without the "smart" stuff inside...

Hope this helps.

P.S.
Here is the 40" Samsung 6030

Last edited by dakkon; 03/28/14 08:36 PM.