Ya, I think so….

The one that was making this click noise, I should let Andrew speak to with any technical terms, if he wants….. I’d just screw it up anyway. He did some experiments/investigating and determined what is causing it. Unfortunately, I will need to swap out the amp. A replacement amp has been ordered and I’m waiting for it to ship.

The second sub that was making the rattling sound is a bit easier to speak to, as I’m pretty sure I fixed it…. I did two things at the same time, so I’m not positive which one fixed the problem, maybe both. I pulled the amp and zip tied one of the little wiring harnesses in a fashion that prevent it from rubbing or rattling on the plastic amp cover (snug, not tight). I suppose I should have taken pictures, but it’s pretty easy to see with the amp out. The second thing I did was apply a layer of electrical tape on the plastic amp cover mounting flange; on the outer side that the amp flange will mate to. I reinstalled the amp and tested it by playing the test tone at a very high level. There is still a very, very light rubbing, but it can only be heard if I put my ear directly on the cabinet. I suspect this is normal for a sub. It’s darn near impossible to route wires that will never vibrate and rub on something, when they have to be long enough to gain access for assembly and disassembly.

I think the tape gasket is what cured the rattling, as it kinda had a “plastic” like tone to it. I did not recognize it until I found out the amp had a box type plastic cover, then it just hit me….It’s an intuitive mechanic sorta thing, hard to explain. I think the fine folks at Axiom are looking into this (I sent them a summary of my troubleshooting findings, which are more detailed than what I wrote here).

I do like the V4 500. It’s a rockin’ little sub! I took a bunch of pictures of it with my V2 500 next to for comparison, and I’ll post up a summery when I have time to actually listen to the sub. So far though, I think I’m digging the little bugger. I really do not need a second one in this room either. Hell, the volume knob is only about 20%.... But the single sub just looks lonely by itself, so I'll stick with two....:)