I would second the notion about the ARC calibration having a significant affect on the outcome. That volume setting on the sub is just too high, it doesn't make much sense. I would be curious what the calibration did to the internal sub volume within the AVR itself along with the "phase" setting. It could also be the calibration set the phase backwards which can affect both volume and the ability to hear the lowest frequencies. What volume did you have the sub itself set at just prior to calibration? Is the EP500 in the same location as your previous sub? If you can remove the calibration set-up from the picture here, see what happens to the sub volume after that.

Frankly, I have never been a fan of doing a calibration with subs since in order to provide a flat setting for the room, it tends to significantly roll off the lowest frequencies. Ian did a video on this back some time ago where he indicated any meters or calibration done below 50HZ is just not very accurate and I would tend to agree.

Last edited by casey01; 07/02/14 03:18 PM.