I finally got a chance to calibrate my system yesterday - 4 times to get it right.

It really works best if both subs are turned ON, ha! After the third calibration I took off the grills during WOTW demo & it sounded great as it was; however, I saw that the drivers in the left sub were working furiously whereas there was nothing from the right. Oh no, I thought - until I looked at the back & saw no green light. Anyway, out came the Audyssey mic to do it all over once again.

To start, I set the Subs' Gains at 12 0'clock (half way) - too much for Audyssey as it set -12 Db. Tried 10 o'clock & that gave -6 Db which is perfect. Interestingly the Sub Distance (actual is 11') was set at 33' whereas my original Velos were around 14'. After some reading, Audyssey is measuring the delay caused by the sub circuitry/DSP & automatically corrects for it. Best to leave it alone - or so they say.

Anyway, the first half hour of WOTW at -10 Db is most impressive. Being on a concrete slab, the floor does not shake but everything else does! What amazes me is how easily the M22s keep up with these monster subs - excellent combo for HT.

I don't often use this setup for music; however, musically my SACDs sound absolutely superb through my Sony BDP, although the 'surround' vs 'stereo' mixes are a very different listening experience. 'Surround' puts the listener on stage in the center of the musicians whereas 'Stereo' puts one in the audience. While 'Surround' is a great novelty, I really prefer 2 Ch 'Stereo' & my SACDs will return back upstairs to my audio only systems.

I no longer assess my system as 'modest', ha!...

TAM