My listening room is about 30' by 20' (Ok...oops that's 9.144M by 6.096 meters in the Canadian language wink )

My Infinity reference never got closer than 28" (or .7112 m) to the back wall and I am just over 6' or 2m back for listening.

I have a 12" sealed sub (dayton titanic) with a 500wpc amp. That seems to be as much depth as the listening area can reasonably handle. (The other side of the house REALLY gets some low bass....but I digress)

I guess the theory of the M80 vs M100 in practical terms is like comparing a 2 way standmount, to a similar 2 way in a full floorstanding cabinet. The floorstander will have more potency for the same drivers. I like the fact that axiom uses 2 or 3 6.5" woofers vs some companies that use a cheap 12" for bass.

It's easy to notice speakers that crap out early on Telarc classical and some vinyl I have. Not to mention newer vinyl like Daft Punk that will torture a lesser speaker with electronic bass.

I could tell my old Infinities (2x8" poly Watkins woofers) were too "flexy" to handle this kind of music coherently.

Great Speakers start with great engineers.