While this discussion is going on, taking a cue from your earlier post, I took a quick peek this afternoon to check if all the drivers in the QS8s are in good order. I was surprised to find that one of the tweeters on my left speaker had no sound. The left tweeter in the VP150 also was not sounding right. I have called Joe and left him a message on this (Does Canada observe a holiday on July 04 too?) and will wait for his call back to ascertain the tweeters' condition. Since they are brand new (two weeks old), I am guessing that it could not be anything worse than a bad connection inside.

Incidentally, When I received my shipment, the VP150 and QS8s were not double boxed whereas the M60s and the sub were. I guess there is a value threshold involved! As a matter of fact the styrofoam inserts in the QS8 box were in several pieces when I opened. However, I found no apparent damage and did not think twice about it. I would not be surprised if some connection internally was dislodged during its journey; We will see.

Can a bad tweeter result in the other tweeter being overloaded? Should I disconnect the speaker till the problem is fixed?

Any informed advice would serve to greatly reduce my angst!

Prem