Originally Posted By: bridgman
Fantastic. The cross-Canada train trip is a wonderful experience (and I don't know anyone else who has done it). If you're like me it's worth waking up in the middle of the night when the train stops in out-of-the-way places so you can sight-see for a couple of minutes.

A couple of years ago, my wife took the cross Canada train trip with her aunt(who lives in Oklahoma)starting from Toronto. (I couldn't go because of other commitments). They actually broke it up in to two sections by taking the Via from TO to Jasper, Alta., stopping in Jasper for a couple of nights, then taking a different train from Jasper(The Rocky Mountaineer) from Jasper to Vancouver. They both loved Jasper and the scenery was incredible. The Rocky Mountaineer is an excellent train trip, however, it has no sleeper cabins so they stopped one night in Kamloops, B.C.continuing on the next day till they reached their destination. It can be done either way(Via straight through to Vancouver) or what I described above.

Not cheap though, it was around $4000 each. I would expect though, the Via straight through would be a little less.