Thanks for your interest andreaching out. The space between the speakers will be 14 feet. They will be placed against a wall ( laterally ) and can be placed right backed up to the rear wall or moved out 2-3 feet into the room. I sit maximum 20 feet back but that can be adjusted by me simply moving my chair.

I enjoy a very wide variety of music. Very little true “ rock “. Neil Young, Dire Straits , Moody Blues, Weather Report,, 80’s melancholy synth, Janet Jackson, 90’s rap and R&B, huge list of soundtrack instrumentals, James Taylor, Fleetwood Mac. Occasional bass head stuff on my headphones.....:).

Lots of variety. I just started enjoying lapsteel guitar recently as it sounds pretty good on my current system. ( old Yamaha RX-:595 with a pair of Sansui sp35’s. ).

I’d view the resistor as a last resort I guess if available. But I’m a fan of tone controls and equalization. No snobbery here. But I do like the pure direct button on my yammy. Which is what I’ll be using as my amp until I upgrade. It’s 80watts per channel rms. My manual / specs show it peaks at 105 watts in 8 ohms. I’m just shopping around for some fresh power to get the most out of my m60. As I do enjoy it loud. Maybe my old Yamaha is good enough for now?

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595