I was very happy with my M60ti's running off 70-80 WPC receivers as long as I didn't crank up to "wall of sound" levels... but when I added an Adcom >200 WPC amp I was surprised how much clearer the sound was at high volumes.

I'm talking "hold my beer and watch this" kind of volumes though, not normal listening.

The hard thing about your question is that preferred listening level is a very personal thing and every small change in listening level requires a non-trivial percentage increase in power.

It's an eighth of a turn from "happy with 25 WPC" to "OK with 75 WPC" and another eighth of a turn from there to >200 WPC and wondering what 350W would sound like.

With older M60s I found they sounded best with very little toe-in, however with v4's a bit more toe-in seemed best.

My impression is that M60's are relatively typical for modern speakers in terms of sensitivity, although I know that's probably not much help.

I did notice that a couple of reviews for those Polks talked specifically about needing a lot of power, but it's not clear if that was to get "normal" listening levels or to get the most out of the speakers. If the latter, then one could probably argue that the same applies to M60s and most modern speakers in the same range.

Last edited by bridgman; 12/06/19 12:48 AM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8