there has been a few conversations on this forum about the power being used, standby and the whole nine yards.

its very true that low power mode for electronics is a bit of a joke. I know that standby mode doesn't mean a whole lot to be able to get the energy star logo on the package. There are a few items that i have found in the quest to get the most out of my system without paying a fortune for the power costs.

first thing that i have found is the some of the smart switches are very good in providing a better standby option than i can get through the actual equipment. For some things its a bit harder as it stripping away the power consumption leads to more aggravation and chance for things not to work seamlessly (reduced WAF)

I currently have my FireTV, Anthem AVR and TV plugged into the wall full time with their standby as I haven't figured out any way to get the functionality I want with automation to power everything on and off in a controlled manner with these devices also being on a smart switch and themselves being powered off.

I have however gotten all my external AmpOne and ADA1500 amps sitting on a smart plug along with the EP500 and Active DSP for the LFR speakers. What I did find however in the process is that i require the EP500 and ADA1500 to also use the 12v trigger cables to first put them into the standby mode before I shut the power off otherwise I will get a nice loud pop sound from the speakers. Not what you'd want. But using some smart automation I have setup a 10 second delay for the power down on the smartswitch to allow the units to safely get into the standby mode with the 12v trigger before I cut the power off. I have also put into the automation the order that the units will power themselves back on so that the amps can turn on back into standby mode and be ready powered before the AVR gets turned on by my FireTV Cube and the 12v trigger comes back on. it really is a good method all around.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5