I have the 2803 and have been very happy with it, but I still lust for the 3805 (that's just me...looking for what is just beyond my reach).

The receiver has not gotten very warm, which I think would be the case as long as it is reasonably well ventilated due to the class of amp being used in most a/v receivers.

The 90 watts per channel has been fine in my room, but more is better so stepping up to the 3803 or 3805 is not a bad idea for that reason alone - especially if you like it loud for extended periods of time.

The video upconversion is one feature that I wish the 2803 had...I don't know how many times I have had to go over how to switch from dvd to tv with my wife and kids (first change the input on the tv, then change audio source on the receiver). I use the remote to control all my components so anything to simplify the process would be a welcome relief.

If I had to do it over again I would have probably bought a factory refurb from someplace like Dakmart (they've had the 3805 for something like $850). I've also seen a refurb of the 3803 from ecost for $499 at one point. I think they've got the 2803 for $459 right now.

At any rate, Denon makes good equipment so I don't think you would be disappointed with either the 2803 or 3803.

Good luck.