Sorry it took so long, but we've had some sweet storms over here today. Anyway, costwise: (I'm guessing a bit here) $28 for 32 feet of the Axiom cable (I liked the black sleeving), about $15 for 30 feet of the braided sleeving from Cableorganizer.com (luckily they did not require a minimum order), $18 for 4 pairs of banana terminals from Radioshack, $2.40 for assorted shrink wrap from Radioshack (pretty scketchy quality, and not very 'shrinky'), and some electrical tape, solder and wire clippers. So, a little over $60 bucks for the whole thing.

As for the solder, all answered.

A couple of tips: make sure you have all the wrap and plug covers on before you solder. I made one mistake, and it's hard trying to get a cover on once the terminal is on. In regard to the braided sleeving - if you are using Axiom's stuff, or any cable that is flatter versus rounder, make sure both the cable and the sleeving are situated so that they mate all the way through the length. If it gets twisted, it gets ugly real quick, and you'll have to back-track. I also had that problem. Next time I'll use circular cables I think, so that'll be easier.

Hope this helps and is not too much of a bore. Have fun.