I own M60s/VP150/QS8s. Of the three, I am the least satisfied with the VP150. However, with my former center I found I had to turn it up for dialog, and turn it down for action sequences. I no longer have to do that. The VP150 presents dialog very clearly. I would never describe it's sound as "hollow."

One of the things I've learned by participating in this forum, and by personal experience, is that speaker placement (combined with room dimensions and furnishings) can have an amazingly large effect on how a speaker performs. Speakers were meant to operate in open space, without nearby reflective, or restricting, surfaces. My VP150 is in a less than desirable position; tucked into an "alcove" with equipment racks on either side, and HDTV above (see photo on this page). In addition, because of room restrictions, I'm seated closer to it than I would like. All this has an effect on the speakers performance.

IMHO, the VP150 is a very good center channel speaker. Your room; your furnishings; where you place it; how far, and and how far off axis, you are seated from it will be the deciding factors in how it sounds. Same will be true for your other speakers as well.

I know. Decisions! Decisions! It's never easy is it?

P.S. Assuming your screen name indicates you're a sports fan, rather than a tree fancier, I'm an OSU alumnus and HUGE Buckeye fan.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton