Sell the wife - ROTFLMAO... Yep - you are right - what in the hell were these house desingers thinking, I mean where were their priorities!!!! BTW - we just bought this house (15 yrs old) a few months ago, so just getting situated. Maybe we should have considered a different house. ;-)

One of the things I think may help me here is the 3505's auto tuning capabilitites. The way I understand it (and I could be being a bit optimistic here,) is that it will automatically adjust the timings so that each speaker's sound hits your ears or it's mic) at the same time. So the speaker that is 12 feet away will be slowed down relative to the other which may only be 6 or 8 away. Sure - it cant put sound where it doesn't exist, but certainly sounds like it can help for situations like mine.

Just think, if 10 years ago (im 32) you would have told me that my wife would even remotely get a say in where my speakers were to go, "BAHH!" Now I just say "yes dear." BUt im sure none of you audio studs hanging out here have ever said that.. lol

Guya - thanks for your advice - it is appreciated more than I could ever explain.. jb