So, I took some time yesterday and went to Myer-Emco to check out the B&W 703s. Holy Sh*T, did they sound great. I brought in a cd of my own to play. It sounded better than I had ever heard it before. Having only listened to crappy systems my entire life, I never really understood what "soundstage" was. Well, it was amazing to hear the instruments panned in the left and right speakers, but the vocals locked dead center. I had to ask the guy at the store if a center channel was on. Not only was I hearing soudn from a place where there were no speakers, I couldn't really place where the sound was coming from the speakers - the speakers seemed to not be there.

If the M60s are anything like this, I'm gonna cream my shorts when I get them.

On a side note - I compared the 703s to a 600 series floorstander. The 703 was far superior, with better highs and a more clear sound reproduction. Then, I asked the guy to turn on some Boston Acoustic floorstanders. It sounded like the vocals were being processed (like they were being run through a filter). Really crappy comparatively.

I'm even more excited now then before. (still waiting to get my speakers) I also asked the guy how much a 5.1 system woudl be for the B&W 700 series. I got a quote of around 5K!!!! I couldn't believe it - and was very happy to have found the Axioms....