I just wanted to comment on two things here. First off, when I upgraded my amp to an Acurus 150 watt unit, my M-60's sounded just incredible. It was if they completely disappeared in the room and sound was radiating from all around me. I never knew that they could sound that incredible. I was quite pleased. Not that they were bad before with my cheap AMC 100 wpc amp, but once I hooked in the Acurus to the system, it was as if I had never really heard my music before.

Secondly, I just stumbled upon this review on the B&W 703's on Audio Revolution. I think you'll find it interesting because the description seems to be exactly like what I've read about the Axiom M-60's, as well as my own experience with them. Considering that they are $3000, I think I made the right choice in going with Axiom.

http://www.audiorevolution.com/equip/b_w703/index.html

Pay attention to part in the article on page three that describes the downside and the conclusion on the reviewer's experience with the B&W's. Sounds exactly like he was reviewing the Axioms to me, which I think is quite a compliment.