ubid.com is running an auction for 4 of the Onkyo HTR 510 6.1 channel 100 watt x 6 receivers with DTS, multi channel inputs, etc.

http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=9643794

Onkyo makes wonderful receivers with very sophisticated DSP modes. 96kHz/24-Bit Digital-to-Analog Converters: The HT-R510 receiver is equipped with six 96kHz/24-bit DACs to decode and play high-resolution recordings.

Subwoofer Adjustable Crossover: This receiver has a built-in crossover for the subwoofer output. This setting is available when you tell the receiver that there is a subwoofer being used, or when you set your main speakers to "Small". The frequencies that you can choose from are: 60, 80, 100, 120, and 150Hz, Surround Modes:

Dolby Digital
Dolby Digital EX
Dolby Pro Logic II (Movie and Music)
DTS
DTS-ES (Discrete 6.1 and Matrix 6.1)
DTS Neo:6 (Cinema and Music)
DSP Modes:

Orchestra
Unplugged
Studio-Mix
TV Logic
All Ch Stereo

Current auction price $45.00. You can probably end up with one of these for about $150 shipped. If you can, grab it! If the price goes too high, find yourself a nice Panasonic SAHE200 receiver - these things are incredibly good, very reasonably priced and under appreciated.

You can get M282 amps from ubid for about $100 if you wait for the right auction. Get 3 of them.

I've used 3 M282s with a Sony STRDB 1070 doing processor duties. I love this system! I think using an Onkyo HTR 510 with 3 x M282s would be at least as good.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.