I traded up from my 22's to the 60 and I am wonderfully happy. I also loved the 22's. I had them for four weeks and traded them up {with help from the nice people at AXIOM} and have not looked back. I can't describe to you the great sound that comes out of these speakers. I know the cost is 400.00 dollars more. That is steep to alot of people, including myself. But to me it was worth every cent. I want to sell my upstairs speakers to buy some 22's for upstairs in an entertainment cabinet. So, I obviously loved both speakers.
There seems to be so much more "sound" to these speakers. I am not an audiophile, but I know what sounds good to me. I don't want to use warmth and bright to ya. I love good highs and this speaker definetly has it. I am not a big bass fan but this speaker fills out the bottom for me. It has taken me awhile to get the right configuration in my room, but now almost everything sounds good. That is everything from the Allman Brothers to Van Morrison,Travis Tritt,Sam Cooke,
Lynyrd Skynyrd, Queen, Van Halen, Pam Tillis and the Temptations. What pisses me off about the 60's is that it shows how record companies have rippped us off through the years with some lousy CD's. Sometimes mastering doesn't help one bit. It needs re-mixed and re-mastered. Off my soapbox now. By the way, for Skynyrd fans, the 25th anniversary edition of One More From the Road is unbelievable.