1. Personal attacks bother me the most. Someone said it much better than I when they said something like "criticize ideas or products, not people." The problem is, when someone makes a personal attack worthy of rebuttal, how do you criticize the personal attack without criticizing the person who made it?

2. It really bothers me to see the word "definitely" misspelled "definately."

The problem is we aren't pronouncing the word correctly. Our language is being schwa-ed to death. For those who don't know, and it's perfectly OK if you don't, a schwa is the "uh" sound, often represented in spelling by an "a.". If we say it def-i-nuht-ly, we're going to spell it with an "a." If we say it def-i-knit-ly, the "i" becomes obvious.

OK! OK! I was a speech major in college. I can't help it! I humbly ask you to understand that for those of us who love the language, and value it's importance, it's very difficult for us to watch it/hear it being murdered before our very eyes/ears.

3. The belief that the placebo effect doesn't exist. Never underestimate the ability of ones brain to fool ones senses. If you doubt me, ask a pilot.

4. Imposing one's political position on others who may feel differently. Although, we're getting better at keeping those threads almost civil.

5. Imposing one's religious position on others who may feel differently. Fortunately, this issue has never arisen here.

6. Not enough SEX in our posts.

(LOL! When I ran my spell checker, I almost inadvertently corrected the words I had purposely misspelled. You all would have thought "what the $%&* is he talking about. )

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton