I think it was a SoundStage.com review that first intrigued me. I was in my best-of-Circuit-City stage and was pretty pleased with my Harman Kardon AVR 65 driving a pair of -$3,000 Infinity Composition Overture 3 towers, Infinity CC3 center and RS3's in the side surround positions.

Then I stumbled on an auction for the Merak MC6H center channel speaker and read it was made by Axiom, so I picked one up from ubid.com for $19 on a whim. The Merak had that weird Axiom shaped cabinet, twin 6.5" drivers and a horn tweeter which when you took it apart looked like it must have cost Axiom about $1.39. I didn't expect much when I tried them out. Knock me down with a feather! This Merak center sounded better than the expensive Infinity CC3 center, not by a little, but a lot. So, I ordered a pair of M3Tis, and they blew the Infinity Overture 3 towers away. I had never heard the likes of these little jewels.

I sold my Infinities. I sold my HK receiver and it's been all Axiom or Axiom made speakers for me ever since.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.