You are building a well balanced system. This will be a source of much joy!

With regard to your speaker and amp queries, the Maggies hold a mystic quality to audiophiles. I have heard most of the models, and enjoyed all. I have not heard the Focus, so no comment on them.

Keep in mind that these are 2 vastly different technologies in speaker design. They will naturally sound different, which is a reflection of the design.

I would suggest that the tube amp you lust after would drive the M60's fine. You may not get extremely loud sound, but it should be quality. Whether it would match you demo of the Focus, well, only you could tell that.

While I am a little more on the positive side of bi-amping, I would not do this with a SS and tube amp...too vast a difference in technology design points.

The link provided in the thread is an excellent company, who carries IMHO one of the finest speakers I have ever heard (and owned) the Reference 3a.

Facing north huh? Well depending on your location, and chances are, this is appropriate for paying respects to Ian, the god of Axiom!