I have a Billy Cobham, but unfortunately it doesn't have that tune on the disc. Ini Kamoze's old hit "Hotstepper" has some great bass on it, too, but not ridiculously low.

It's unfortunate that Craigsub hasn't chimed in here - he is a sub expert (and all around audio expert) whose advice you can certainly trust.

I'm sure I'll get corrected, but I think the little micro-subs, with their sealed design and huge amps aren't very good. Kind of muffled and indistinct. They can go low and loud, but I haven't liked the few I've heard.

The cheap Velodyne line is a larger ported sub, right? Probably about the same as all the other ported box designs, IMO. Differences between the good ones due mainly to driver and enclosure size, amp power, and driver quality.

I really liked the SVS 20-39 for HT from the brief demo I was given. We didn't listen to any music, but it rumbled and thumped without any boominess at all. You could really feel the distinct LF effects as opposed to them being resonant and boomy. If I had to do it over, even though I am more than satisfied with the EP350, that is probably the one I'd buy (SVS PC+ 20-39, that is).