I am not an expert, but when I got home with the tivo box... I started to integrate it into my setup. The HD comcast cable box I have use RGB component outs to the tv monitor. And, while it has other options (e.g., svidio -- comcast doesn't have all these extra component working with thier current firmware... e.g., the USB ports are not live etc...until they rev these boxes to turn on all this functionalilty... Of course, this could of been my error or a purposeful attempt at comcast to wait until end of year when they offer their own DVR application...inside thier boxes...

I have Hi-def in my basement where my axioms are and so when it comes time to see the terps beat Duke in Hidef -- I'll be down there. so, it didn't hurt too bad.

Tivo is really nice... I've caught up with TNG which I haven't been able to watch for close to a year... it's fun -- I'm getting all the Olympics I want and I'm fast forwarding through all the commercials. It's worth the twelve bucks a month -- NO doubt. I hope I didn't confuse you more... like I said, im no expert. I almost got the S-video working, but the menu interfaces didn't work properly. Then you have the 3 secound audio synch to worry about if you'rre going through a AV reciever. The fun never ends!!!!