I was hoping that the more technically inclined readers of this forum might be able to help me out.

I recently decided I needed a computer to act as a file server, as all the hard drives on my existing computers were filling up with MP-3's and other assorted stuff. That led me to think that I should integrate this new computer in my HT system. I looked around, and came across a system from Shuttle at Best Buy. I didn't get that one, but instead built my own.

Here's what I got...A Shuttle case with motherboard (7x8x11 inches...fits on my rack), a P4 2.8ghz with 800 mhz FSB, 1 GB DDR SDRAM PC 3200, a 250 GB SATA HD, a dual-layer DVD burner, and an ATI Radeon 9600 all in wonder video card. The computer has integrated Realtek 5.1 sound, a 6 in 1 flash card reader, 4 USB2 and 2 fire-wire ports. The video card has HDTV out, and can act as a PVR. I am planning to drop an Audigy 2 sound card into it soon.

Right now I already have a PVR, and I'm not interested in using the computer to store video (except that which I create myself), but I am looking for ideas as to how to utilize this machine to its fullest. Right now I have the sound (a digital optical link) connected to my receiver, and I'm planning on hooking the HD up to the video card this weekend.

Any ideas?

Mark

"Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff"