Hey Mark, sounds like you'll be having a lot of fun this weekend. I just started toying around with connecting my PC to the HDTV yesterday and so far it's been fun. I only have a Sony 32" (tube) so my results weren't astounding but I plan to go to a projector eventually. Anyway, I have an ATI AIW 9700Pro and have been a faithful AIW "fanboy" since my original AIW Radeon. I'm sure you're going to love what that card can do and the software is top notch, mostly. When you get things back up and running again, get ready to play around with a TON of resolutions on your HDTV. I spend a couple hours last night playing with several timings and resolutions and right now settled at 720P timngs. I also played a bit of Unreal Tournatment 2004 and that was problematic. Especially since 1024x768 and 800x600 are NOT HDTV standards. So I would have to change the res back and forth to get through the menus and game play. *grrr* The best part however was it sounds INCREDIBLE in 5.1 with the Axioms.

As Saturn already said, be sure to install PowerStrip. I have it and plan to do some more tweaking to see if I can get better results. Here's a good link about all this stuff.

ATI HDTV Guide

Best of luck