Wow.
Finally some fun audio posts. I only had to browse past 5 OT posts for this.

bridgman
It appears that the H/K unit may lack any internal crossover setting. There is nothing in the rather short manual describing any settings for changing your main speakers from large to small, thus engaging a crossover from the receiver.
My guess is that the subwoofer out channel on the H/K only sends a signal to the sub and hence, you need to match up the natural rolloff of your main speakers using the subwoofer crossover knob.
I do this now with my M60s and i prefer it that way. However my receiver does not allow for a change in its crossover and i'm stuck at 80Hz if i use it. Some of the newer receivers do allow for a range of settings within their setup menus.

Anyway, as for question 2, the A & B sub outs are probably active when either the A or B speaker channel is selected, but otherwise they are not likely to be active simultaneously. If you have a 'zone 2' design for the receiver, then you would need 2 separate subs for each zone. I don't believe your receiver is capable of this though. If you can select both the Speaker A and B set at the same time, then i would imagine the sub out channels would both be active and both produce the same signal.

Question 3, if you do not have a crossover in your receiver, then you will need to find 2 separate points to blend your sub with both the M2s and the M60s. Personally i have my EP350 cross set around 50hz which seems to match well with the M60s. You will have to experiment to find a point that works with the M2s.

I've auditioned both the M22s and the M60s, oh, about 2 years ago. I'm assuming the M2s will sound like a smaller version of the M22s but please, post your thoughts when you are done.

Last edited by chesseroo; 09/23/04 01:10 AM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."