Hello all,

A little background on me and my HT journey since last December when I first stumbled on to projectorcentral trying to figure out what the difference was between HD and ED. At that time I didn't really even know about front projectors, but quickly realized I could spend a lot less on a projector and a screen than on a plasma, get a bigger picture and have some money leftover to go towards a new surround system. Then I discovered Axiom through Audioholics. Well to make a long story short I now own a pair of M60's, a VP150, a pair of QS8s, a Denon 3805, a Denon 5900, a 94" screen...and no projector. But, after hearing my music through the 60's, who has time for movies anyway? I gotta give the old tears in the eyes story about the first time I sat down in front of the 60's and listened to Abbey Road. I've only heard that album/cd a million times, but never like that. And that was before the 3805 and 5900. (hey, I've been hanging around the forum long enough to know that one of you is going to say, "You didn't mention a sub." Well, that's in the not too distant future. Ironically, today I see the new Axiom subs, but I think I'm going with the 20-39PCi, although if I had $1750 I would definitely look into the lying down version of the EP600. It looks cool!!)

So, what's my question? I was reading the discussions on cd players today and was wondering if what I'm doing is common practice or not. The 3805 has a DVD Stereo mode, which is feed through the Denon link from the 5900. I play my cds this way and have compared it to the cd input with decent r/l audio cables and to me the sound is much better through the DVD Stereo mode. Am I missing something that I don't realize I'm missing by doing this?

I know I can talk to Denon or the brick and mortar store I bought the equipment from, but then I wouldn't have an excuse to write my first long winded post.

Thanks in advance for your input.

If I were truly plastered, could I do this?