2x6- well, not everyone in texas drives a truck, but pretty dang close..

speaking of 'granny' cars.. i had a 1963 chevrolet bel-air station wagon for a few years. now, it looked granny, but it had a 327 star-fire motor, with a holley 4-barrel and dual exhaust. everything on that car was metal, and i cant remember what it weighed, but that car could get up and move. i could smoke out the tires from a dead stop, and when those 4 barrels opened up, it was a lovely sound. i was always a little scared to really get it up to top speed, cause it handled like a tamk. it would sway and pitch real bad, and those drum brakes would take several miles to bring it to a complete stop. not a comforting feeling when you are closing up fast on a stopped car.

the coolest thing about that car was the back hatch seat. it had one of those roll down windows in the rear, and the back seat could be folded down, but when pulled up, it was a rear facing seat. so, i would let other people drive the car, and just sit in the back, facing the on coming cars and watch the world streak by.. good memories

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??