Zarak-she'd find out. And then I'd be in a world of pain. Besides, we change sides every once in awhile

Bridgman-No, I've actually calibrated the system with the TV speakers, using the sound meter. They're a direct center feed. I bumped it up a few db, which helped with dialog (along with setting the crossovers properly). However, I'm sure that the crapola center plays into it.

NeverHappy-I'm using DTS Neo:6 in this case. Unfortunately, moving the speakers isn't going to work; there's no way to hang them behind, as there's a big gap opening into the kitchen, and to move them back further on the sides is also impractical due to the construction of the house. In addition, it's a rental, so I'd like to minimize the holes in the wall! I agree that they need to be back further, though.

Alan-hadn't even thought of that! I'll give it a shot. They're toed in a little bit right now, and actually reducing the toe in helped with music listening for both of us, but I'll try the extreme method.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! I know it's nowhere near ideal, but it's better than the old 2.1 system with Cambridge Soundworks speakers!

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!