Alright, a few days have passed and I've thrown lots of music and lots of movies at the STF-2. I've also done a side by side comparison of the two, and what I found is that the quality of most of the two sub's range is almost identical. They both exhibit pretty remarkable control and detail, and if I only used the EP175 for music I'd probably be fine. What the HSU brings to the table is considerably more extension. It rumbles much deeper with much less effort than the EP175, and as I said in my previous post, it's more difficult to localize. That would probably be less of an issue if I could place the subs anywhere else in the room, but unfortunately I'm forced to put them about three feet from my listening position.

So I'm selling the EP175. It's finished in Boston Cherry, and it's in great shape. I've already put up ads here locally, but if anyone from this board is interested I'd box it up and ship it. I'm asking $250, but it would have to be $250 plus shipping. PM me if you're interested.

M22ti mains, EP175 sub, VP150 center, QS4 surrounds