This past weekend I finally decided to daisy-chain the Axiom and HSU and see what it sounded like.

The limitations of my room's layout necessitated placing the two subs across the room from each other at about a 95°-100° angle. So already I've ignored or broken a handful of guidelines regarding sub setup. If you're going to run two subs, try to keep them the same make/model; if you're going to run two subs, they'll probably do better side by side; subs seem to do better in the corners, etc...

Well, I love it already. The sound is much more full and the empty spots seem to have disappeared. I may have calibrated the subs incorrectly - maybe someone can chime in. I calibrated each one's level and phase individually; when they were both set, I wired them together and left them alone. Are there any further adjustments that should be made?

My only problem now is that the EP175 had to go up against my neighbor's adjoining wall. I don't think I can keep the 2 sub setup with a clean conscience. But maybe I'll figure something out...

If you've got the subs and you've got the curiousity, I definitely recommend trying it.

M22ti mains, EP175 sub, VP150 center, QS4 surrounds