Wow.

People are passionate about such things around here. You should peruse the forums a bit. Many people believe that all solid-state receivers (amps) sound exactly the same. Many believe they can hear differences. I only (sometimes) know what goes on in my head, so cannot comment on what other people might be able to hear.

Axiom board regulars have reported satisfactory results with many receiver brands, including Denon, HK, Yamaha, and Onkyo as well as separates.

Axiom staff have recommended HK and Denon receivers relative to driving the 4 ohm M80 model.

At the risk of fueling a stinky fire, my opinion about the differences between solid state receivers is that it is more useful to ask about features v. price rather than sound quality. If you absolutely must torture yourself with the "warm v. sterile" receiver quandary, you must do it under controlled conditions (double-blind testing) and you should ask -

1. Is there a difference?
2. If it exists, can *I* perceive the difference?
3. If I can perceive the difference, do I have a preference?
4. If I have a preference, is the increased cost/trouble a good *value* to me?

To ME, any subtle receiver differences that might exist within certain price ranges fall somewhere between impreceptible and insignificant. To ME, changing speakers made a huge difference and changing receivers did not. To me. Not anybody else. Just me.

It's o-beer-thirty somewhere.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem